Lucky Featured Recipe
Yield: 10-15 Servings
Prep Time: 30-45 min.
Cook Time: 3-4 hrs.
IngredientsWhat You'll Need
- 4 pounds Rumba® beef scalded tripe
- 4 pounds Rumba® beef honeycomb tripe
- 12 California chilies or 5 chilies anchos
- 6 garlic cloves (4 for meat and 2 for chile mix)
- 1 medium onion
- 7 cups hominy (optional)
- 4-5 tablespoons salt
- Garnishes: onion, cilantro, radish, lemon, oregano
DirectionsWhat To Do
- Cut the honeycomb and scalded tripe into 1-inch squares.
- Combine the tripe with the onion, 4 garlic cloves and salt in a large stockpot with 6 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Simmer the tripe until tender, about 2 hours.
- De-vein the California chilies and boil until soft.
- Blend chilies with 2 garlic cloves.
- Add chilies mix to pot.
- Add hominy at this time.
- Add 2 quarts of water if needed.
- Boil with the chilies sauce for about 40 minutes.
- When meat is soft to touch, it’s done.
- Serve with garnishes.