Lucky Featured Recipe
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 1 hr.
IngredientsWhat You'll Need
- 2 pounds Rumba® beef tripas, cut in 2” x 4” strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon achiote powder
- 1 gallon salted water
- 2 tablespoons aji chili powder
- 1 cup vinegar
- Salt to taste
DirectionsWhat To Do
- Rinse tripas well with running water. Place in a pot with salted water and boil until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil, chili powder and achiote powder gently. Remove from the heat and allow to steep. When cooled slightly, add the vinegar.
- When tripas are tender, drain and gently dry. Toss with spice, oil and vinegar mixture.
- Fry or grill until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with home-fried potatoes or boiled lima beans (habas sancochadas).