Lucky Featured Recipe
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 2-3 hrs.
IngredientsWhat You'll Need
- 4 pounds Rumba® beef cheekmeat
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 quart low-sodium beef broth or water
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 whole garlic bulb, split in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon salt
DirectionsWhat To Do
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Add additional cold water to cover the cheekmeat by 2 inches. Bring slowly to a boil.
- Gently simmer for 2-3 hours or until very tender. Skim any fat or foam from the liquid often throughout the cooking process.
- When the meat is tender, remove from the liquid. Strain and reserve the broth for use as a sauce, if desired.
- Serve the shredded cheekmeat as a filling for tacos or tostadas, or over rice.
- Serve with minced onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salsa or tomato sauce.